Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Bountiful polygamy charges

It's about freakin' time. I never quite understood why they could be breaking the law so blatantly with no consequences. Time to give up your harem, boys! And by "boys" I mean "dirty old men who abuse their power as religious leaders to coerce young women, who would otherwise be involved with people their own age, into having sex with them, and by "harem" I mean "women and girls who have been raised to believe they are sub-humans whose sole purpose in life is to provide household, sexual and child-rearing services to dirty old men".

2 comments:

Laura Payton said...

I do sympathize with Wally Oppal...if no one will testify to the abuse, then all they have is a case about polygamy that ends up going to the Supreme Court. And then if the anti-polygamy law is struck down, that's it. He was reluctant to risk that.

floyd said...

Yeah, I missed that nuance in my whole "HA POWNED LORLZ POLYGAMISTS".

It's pretty sad, though, that our laws aren't good enough to withstand the single most blatant example of someone breaking them. And that Oppal had to keep going through special prosecutors until he found one who agreed.