Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Dan Savage vs. Tony Perkins on Anderson Cooper

Sometimes insomnia is it's own reward - yesterday's sleepless night meant I was up to see Dan Savage be his usual awesomeness on The Colbert Report.

He's equally as quick-witted in person as he is on the page - just check out this video of him taking on (heh) Tony Perkins of the insidiously named Family Research Councilwhich I'm not going to link to because it's one of those organizations that uses warm fuzzy words like "Family" "Values" "Life", etc., because "Douchebag fascists who want all up in your bedroom/uterus research council" wouldn't fit on the bumper sticker.

Also - bonus points if you watch the video right to the end, for the "Oh, snap!" moment. My exact word were, "Oh, you just got told, Tony Perkiiiiins!" Leave yours in the coments for double-plus fun.

4 comments:

Dale said...

Not about this article, but something to look at Laura:
http://wonkette.com/404366/joe-the-plumbers-website-is-hilarious

floyd said...

I love it..."men and women in the armed!" Armed what?

neonfoxtongue said...

Thank goodness the clip ends with Dan's (*heart* him!) verbally smacking Tony - I shouted expletives at it throughout.

I sent this post to some friends and a gay friend responded that I and other mutual (straight) married friends had better send our wedding gifts to Tony for safe keeping until we have kids. Because that's what marriage is about - a mom and a dad. wtf?

Have you seen Keith Olbermann's comment on Prop 8?

floyd said...

Yeah, that moment was like Tony Perkins was channeling my grandparents (only they're motivated by a desire to have more babies around, not sexism and homophobia).

But Tony Perkins can pry my new dish set from his cold, dead hands. No, that's not a typo.