Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Top Five

Top news story: Secretary of State Clinton.

Even if I didn't admire her, I'd be happy with this decision - at the very least, it should mean Amy Poehler returning to SNL for guest spots.

Top way to waste time: Assembler.

This simple little game about moving green crates around is addictive. Whoever solves the level with all the round crates, please give me a clue, 'cause I've been stumped all week.

Top embarrassing dad moment:

B.C. NDP house leader and middle-aged white guy Mike Farnworth using the word "bling" during question period. Stay tuned for next week when NDP leader Carole James scolds the Premier with a sassy "Oh no you di'int".

Top source of schadenfreude: Brokers with hands on their faces

Top photo: the one where Floyd finds her soulmate


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

regarding round crates,
hint = triangles!

and gee, thanks for introducing me to a new game! have you played the fantastic contraption? it's a similar sort of concept, and similarly addictive!

neonfoxtongue said...

Love that pic!!!
Have you seen the Cake Wrecks blog? HI-larious and lots of improper use of quotations - on cakes!
Google Cake Wrecks - you'll find it.

Laura Payton said...

The Cake Wrecks blog and the blog about inappropriate quotation marks are two of my favorites too! So much funny.

Dale said...

I think I know why the stocks are down: Everyone realized the brokers used Fisher Price phones!

floyd said...

Ooh, triangles! Thanks for the hint, let's see if my manual dexterity is up to the task.

And yeah, LOVE the cake wrecks and "quotation marks" blog - gotta give props to you, Payton, I believe you introduced them both to me in one fell swoop!

Heh...yeah, the jig is up for the brokers! Although you'd think that Fisher Price stock would be up, at least.