Thursday, September 01, 2005

The Week in Review

Hey there. Sorry I'm late. It's been an exciting week. Well, to me, anyway - I guess it all depends on how exciting your week was. Huh? Was it exciting huh? Were you Mr. or Ms. Exciting McExcitealot with a return ticket on the SuperFunHappyLandThrillRide Express?

Ahem.

Top 7 exciting things I did this week (in chronological order, not order of excitocity)

#7) A foursome of friends for Friday lunch to wish Payton Bon Voyage as she plunges back into the world of academic awesomeness. Go kick some journalistic ass. I recommend this one. Sorry, I meant "journalistic".

#6) I bought a new bike. Isn't it way awesome? This is the second new bike that I bought, and I'm trying to break my new-bike-ownership record of one-week, previously set by the cheap-ass but pretty hybrid I bought from Sportmart that was stolen the very first night I locked it outside.

#5) 80s night rock and bowl with the rugby girls. Well, it was 80s night for us, but 2005 night for everyone else there, and Rolling Stones night for the DJ. I bowled pretty well, considering I was dressed like this, which looked pretty faaabulous in the blacklight, or so I was told through uproarious laughter.

#4) I tested out the new bike on a 50km trip to Parliament Hill and back. A little rough right at the end, but it was all worthwhile when we got to the neigborhood water playground and joined the small children running through the fountains, much to the amusement of their mothers and babysitters. WHATEVER - I PAY MY TAXES. I reserve the right to frolic in the spray.

#3) An awesome Tuesday night with Momo and TheMack for some Wendy's and then DD joined us for The Brothers Grimm. Great friends, good food, and a movie with kitten-eating. Aw, sometimes you just can't ask for anything more.

#2) Yesterday - I can't even believe I'm saying this - I paid off my student loan. GAH! Man, I don't think I'll ever get tired of saying that. Although I might get tired of everybody I know staying the hell away from the girl who can't shut up about her freaking loan. Whatever. For the time being I actually have more money than I owe. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts, which is until I go back to school, or buy a house, or get my bill for my new bike. Um, whichever of those comes first.

#1) Okay, this technically hasn't happened yet, but at some point today a bunch of guys with dumptrucks are going to be unloading a driveway-full of landscaping supplies at home, and then DD and I will be putting in a new walkway and a patio. Oh man...that's grown-up right there! "What are you doing this long weekend?" "Why, we're contributing to the resale value of our primary residence!" So, anybody in the Ottawa area who wants to get into the true spirit of Labour Day and sling some dirt and gravel this weekend, drop me a line - there's shovels and cold beer and extra strength painkillers for all! (Not at the same time). (Well, not for guests - liability issues and all).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on eliminating your debt!! carla says that you give her hope that it is indeed possible. you are a role model to us all. and you are damn funny. i can't wait to come party down on your fabulous new patio! that also kicks ass. xox