Tuesday, January 25, 2005

If you like pina coladas

Shoot - so, fuckin' blogger or internet explorer or something just deleted my entire post so let's see how much I can do from memory...goddamn, I was in such a good mood too...grrr. Yes, yes, I know, I have such a tough life...Okay, here goes:

So, just got back from Coo-ba with Dan. We sat in the sun, strolled on the beach, played volleyball, drank rum punch for breakfast and did all sorts of things that our co-workers will beat us up for when we tell them. We didn't leave the resort at all, but judging by my comprehensive experience based one week at an all-inclusive, I have to say that communism is bad for customer service. So that's my main complaint with Marx, now, I guess. I just want more bang for my convertible Cuban peso.

Can't complain, though, when I hear about the weather last week in Ottawa - apparently down to the -30s and beyond. Like, ew. Just gross. Offensive. I'm outraged. At least the anger keeps me warm...

In other news, I did (Shout outs Courtney and Nath'n for their long-distance wishes) turn 24. I also became an Ontario resident. Guess I'll have to start driving like an ass and talking shit about other provinces now. Kidding! Please don't revoke my OHIP card.

The Big House is going to be in session again next week, so I'm just gearing up for that slowly. This week's been pretty quiet, except for the 14 gazillion e-mails about the you know what. Thank God I finally figured out how to use the "Rules" feature on Outlook to sort out the non-constituency letters - can anyone say..."BALEETED!!" Yesterday I got rid of 1200 with one key stroke...damn, that felt good.

Alright, everybody take care and drive safe and if you're in Atlantic Canada shovelling your way out of 8 feet of snow, all I can say is: at least you're past
this.

No comments: