Saturday, January 03, 2004

So...ummm...hi. Nice to see you. Glad you could make it. If you're reading this, then you probably know the deal already - I'm working from January to April as a tour guide at two different war memorials (Vimy Ridge and Beaumont Hamel) in northern France. But I'm not there yet, I'm still in the preparing (and stressing stages). So, nothing too exciting this week, although I did a a fabulous New Year's Eve and a really great haircut!

I only mention the haircut because of my tragic history with hair - the Notorious Mullet Years (1986-89), the Untimely Perm Incident of Grade Six, the Infamous Pixie Cut of Grade 7 - which has led me to adopt the "long enough to be in a ponytail" style for pretty much the last 8 years. But now it's kinda of layered and stuff...I hope I don't have any problems at customs (but madame, in zees photo you clearly 'ave a...'ow you say...mullet?).

So, other than New Year's and a haircut, I've pretty much been running around like a chicken with my head cut off (that is to say, around in cirlces before falling down). Packing, unpacking, repacking, etc. You know, making endless photocopies of my passport, my travel insurance, my flight info, my butt...important stuff that I don't want to lose! I'm getting kind of stressed out that I'm going to forget something, but it's not like I'm moving to Antarctica or the Himalayas...if I do forget something, I can just buy it in France! Except for peanut butter, apparently.

No comments: